8.1 -F.A.Q.

Below are some FAQ’s asked by people learning to read the cup in my courses.

Q: I just can’t see any symbols or messages in the cup?

A: This is quite common when you are learning and until you learn to relax the conscience mind and unleash your intuition. Don’t fear, just breathe, refocus, and look into your cup again. Don’t over analyse the symbols, they don’t have to be picture perfect. Once one symbol comes, you will find it easier to find another and so on. Have faith, you can do it! Another tethering problem is rushing through your tea without projecting your question. Take your time and enjoy your cuppa. As with any divination, the more we are stressed and uptight, the harder it is to do a reading and be intuitive. By relaxing, you are actually opening up your body and mind to the cup and all it holds. Often a quiet meditation or taking time out in the garden before the reading helps settle our conscious mind.

Q. How come my friend can see objects and I can’t?

A: We all see things differently, and at different times and ways. Your friend may be actually reading for themselves in your cup. So let that happen. You will see something or get a message when you need to. It could be you are so tense or rushed that you may need to settle down and take in your surroundings. Breathe and then you can receive your beautiful message.

Q: Do I need to look at my cup a long time before I can see any symbols?

A: Usually the symbols come to us straight away. If you think too long and hard it is your logic mind at work, not your intuition. So relax and see what comes to you. The longest part initially should not be seeing the symbols but intuitively understanding them, and even this will be fun and quick after a short time and more practice.

Q: Is any type of tea leaves better than others to read with?

A: The short answer is, yes. The more leaves and variety, the more symbols you will see. Different size leaf gives a better read for symbols than fine leaves that will float away when you turn your cup over. All the other types of tea leaves are fine if you can see something remaining in the cup after turning and placing it upside down on the saucer. Just remember the more deposits left, generally the easier it is for you and the more symbols you will see.

Q: I turned my cup 4 times instead of 3. Do I have to start again?

A: My point of view would be no and the same if you want to make other small differences in your technique. I say, go for it, tip the cup the right way up and start reading. The way I look at it, everything happens for a reason. You will get the answer you are meant to get. Because of culture, tradition and habits many things that have been carried down the line with tea leaf readers over time and stated as gospel. In today’s society with events happening and changing all the time, flexibility should be the key. Change will happen with or without our input, so don’t be afraid to mix it up a little bit as long as you have the basic steps done.

Q: I have two symbols that seem to contradict each other. What do I do?

A: Look to the positions they fall in the cup for the timing. Sometimes these opposites might occur at different times, or the event will be undecided at present. It could be two different events happening around the same time. A last case scenario would be to pour another cup and try again.

Q: I got some bad omens in my cup. Can I change them?

A: While the symbols are very good indicators of your destiny, we all have free will. If you are heading in a certain direction, you can certainly change your path which in turn can change your destiny if it is within your soul’s journey and meant to be. Free will is always present for all of us. At the end of the day, we are responsible for our own lives. You may be reading when influenced heavily on an important matter at the time and the logical mind or ego takes over and mis-interprets it.

Q: Is it possible to get a yes or no answer to my question in my tea leaf reading?

A: The tea leaf reading can give you so much more. Other methods such as pendulums and oracle cards can give quicker answers, but the tea cup reading can also give you more details and deal with issues around the question, especially when using our intuitive processes.

Q: I would like to learn more about intuition. How I go about it?

A: I have many on-line courses available on all things around using your intuition. For more information please visit my website for details. (www.intuitive-courses.com)